Re: Problem with dselect

On 6/27/06, Emmanuel Fleury <emmanuel.fleury@labri.fr> wrote:
Giacomo Mulas wrote:

> I just checked on ftp.de.debian.org, it appears that the Packages.bz2 in
> debian/dists/sid/main/binary-amd64 and binary-m68k, and only them, contain
> the above syntax error. I checked Packages.bz2 for all other architectures,
> it is ok. I hope this will be useful to narrow down the search for the bug
> causing this misbehaviour.

Yes, I don't think it is related to dselect or apt. I don't think this
should be reported as a bug through bugreport. The problem seems to come
from the generation of Packages.bz2 and not from the softwares we use to
 update.

We just have to find out who's in charge of making theses files.

Shold it be reported as a bug against either the "ftp.debian.org" or
"mirrors" psuedo-package?  It might be easier to allow the normal flow
of bugs find the right person than to try to figure out who is in
charge.

Bill