Re: Playing an encrypted/comercial DVD - libdvdcss

Sam Varghese wrote:

>>> Ummm I can't find it on any repositories of Debian's.
>>>
>>> Which one do you use?
>
> Sarge:
>
> deb http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian-amd64/debian/ stable main contrib
> non-free
> deb-src http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian-amd64/debian/ stable main
> contrib non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
>
> Etch:
>
> deb http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
> deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free

Thanks for all the input, for my first time I have it working.  :)  Now, is it possible that using the libdvdcss could affect the drive/hardware?  I don't know if it is just hapend the drive failing on me (seams like the motor is wavering not a constant motion when disk is inserted) and getting to watch DVDs.  The sad thing is that it is only 2 years old and really have not seen that much use yet.  It is a DVD+- WRW dual layer/ CDRW.  My first guess is that it is just going bad.. but one can't help to wonder.

-Adam