Re: [SPAM] Re: XFS, EXT3 or some other?

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 04:19:11PM +0200, Giacomo Mulas wrote:
> in the past 2 years. My only personal gripe with reiserfs is that it takes a
> long time to mount large filesystems, but I do not mount/umount big
> filesystems so frequently. If I were in Francesco's shoes, unless I had

It loads all the bitmaps on mount. There's a patch to load them on demand
(like other fs'es do), but it hasn't been extensively tested. Search the
reiserfs list and you should find it. I haven't tried it. reiser4 has a
dont_load_bitmaps mount option (which personally, i think should be the
default - it's always been that way for other fs'es).

--
Tom Vier <tmv@comcast.net>
DSA Key ID 0x15741ECE