Re: lib32

I must confess that I was not aware that amd64 etch provides /lib32
and /usr/lib32. However, I did no IA installation, link, no export. Should any
exist in my installation (tell me what to search and how) it is [a bug of]
the system. I have reinstalled amd64 etch raid1 anyway to rule out any
mistake with the mode of installation or repositories. I detected no mistake.

As to my problem, under this light, where to put Open Motif in order that
OpenGL is OK? Under /lib32 or /usr/lib32, or under a 32bit chroot, should I
decide for the moment to run my 32bit application mentioned below? That is,
is any advantage with chroot, except perhaps upgrading? Ideally, compile the
package libmotif3 and my application at 64bit.

At any rate, I was surprised to see (from the lists) acute interest for kde,
open office and other application at 64bit, while the tools for OpenGL have
not yet been included (or demanded, except by myself). I find it curious
because the graphics for computational molecular packages is in OpenGL and
there are good reasons to move from 32bit to 64bit for heavy computations as
quantum mechanics involves. In contrast, why running openoffice kde and so on
at 64bit? to write a traditional letter or e-mail at doubled floatpoint?

As this is a list, is anyone aware of linux 64bit that provides OpenGL tools?

Thank you
francesco pietra