Re: Tyan Europe

Hi Mattias:

Do you have any exclusive channel to Tyan Europe, exclusive permission to
contact the right person, and knowledge about the hunting season to catch
them? I had none and I would not make use of any such trick, shout it exist.
I just used the official address given on the Tyan web page <support@tyan.de>
and got no answer so far.

Your mention of linux-specific bios from Tyan makes me willing to try to
contact Tyan again to ask for such bios software for my Tyan KWE 2895 used
with two dual opterons and nearly full ram. I do not need any more
information on Tyan raid1 because I was informed on this list that raid1 from
linux 64 debian is superior and I already installed it. I have not tried to
verify if grub is on both disks, but I can not imagine how it could be not
so, because I placed grub on the root while not seeing any of the two disks.
I just saw a virtual partition for both.

To conclude, I was not trying to place Tyan Europe under any bad light. I
simply asked to this list if the address I used is correct. It may even be
than my e-mail did not reach them and your reply to my mail suggests that it
was at least "no smart address"

Cheers

francesco pietra