Re: Etch security updates

Hi Len:

Apparently amd64 debian testing has been successfully installed on many
computers. Because this is a rapidly moving sector of debian - attended by
the risk of damaging successful installations during update or package
search - may I suggest that a list of

--Security updates
--Repositories (sources)
--Signatures

(or what else may be better needed to the above scope)
appears daily (or nearly so) on debian-amd64@lists.debian.org?

As an example, is any risk to drop onto 32bit or non-valid sources with the
commands below?

# apt-file update
$ apt-file search somefile.h
$ apt-file search somelibrary.so

This is not to try to exploit OPs work. If I could, I would do that, or help
to do that. I know that by carefylly following this site all that should
become apparent, but important notice may escape, and it is not obvious to
everyone who to believe.

regards
francesco pietra