Re: Which AMD64 installer iso to use?

Karl Schmidt <karl@xtronics.com> writes:

> OK - this is rather strange.
>
> There are iso downloads at :
>
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

This is just the general overview page and links isos from other places.

> and at
>
> http://amd64.debian.net/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-amd64/beta2/images/netboot/mini.iso
>
> The daily builds listed at

Daily builds are afaik still stoped waiting for the official archive
to get all the required packages into etch. So any image you see is
probably rather old. Check the timestamp.

> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
>
> seem to have older bugs than the ones at
>
> http://amd64.debian.net/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-amd64/beta2/images/netboot/mini.iso
>

> I think the mini.iso has fixed my problems that I have been sending
> installation reports on.
>
> Can someone clarify what the difference is between the iso's available
> from the 2 urls?

The Debian Installer itself builds the kernel image and ramdisks
needed to build the full installer CDs but it also builds the
netboot/mini.iso since that only contains kernel and ramdisk.

All other CD images are then build from those images with the help of
debian-cd in a different process.

MfG
        Goswin