Re: software raid jfs

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 07:21:04PM -0500, Karl Schmidt wrote:
> I found some backports at:
> http://www.backports.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/
>
> I think these will work?
>
> Any way to apt-get from the installer shell so it brings in the
> dependencies?

In /etc/apt/sources.list try adding:
deb http://www.backports.org/debian sarge-backports main contrib non-free

Then apt-get update and you should be able to install with apt-get.  I
have found initramfs-tools the best initrd for new kernels.  yaird
didn't get along with my system last I tried it so I stopped trying it.
:)

> Can anyone tell me what kernel version the AMD64 kernels changed from
> kernel-image to linux-image?

Debian changed to linux-image starting with 2.6.12.