Re: Commercial programs in Debian

On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 10:07:36AM +0200, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
>    Can we agree on that companies are run by different strategies and the more
> programs that run flawlessly on Debian, the more likelyhood there is of
> people using it? If the answer is yes, then please advice me to the right
> forum where I will either be helped or told to shut up:)
>
> Regards
> Gudjon

Hello,

since most of the programs you gave as an example are not part
of debian, it is not easy to find an appropriate forum.

Maybe you can try:
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

or make a suggestion to setup some documentation about how good different
commercial programs integrate with debian on:
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/

Since you are dealing with scientific/engineering applications,
debian-science might als be appropriate:
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/

Last but not least, you can scan all available lists on:
  http://lists.debian.org/
for one that fits your needs.

Alexander