RE: SATA RAID MV88SX6041 on Sarge 3.1r0a Problem
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: SATA RAID MV88SX6041 on Sarge 3.1r0a Problem
- From: "Bhaskar Manda" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:21:20 -0600
- Message-id: <13876B12FAF13240865A5E17F02A7BD9124A18@Oakbrookdc01.CF-Oakbrook.local>
> From: Mushu [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> I tried to install Sarge 3.1r0a AMD64 on a Supermicro server
> with Marvell SATA RAID MV88SX6041 controller.
> Because Sarge Installer CD could not recognize the controller
> I used a temporary IDE disk to compile and got the driver
I have a Supermicro motherboard H8DAR-T with this Marvell controller on
it. It boots just fine off a SATA drive (a single drive, no array
configuration). You need the stock sata_mv driver. It is already in the
kernel, and the etch netinst disk. However it isn't in the initramfs, so
you have to change that per my earlier posting.