Re: Etch amd64 dvds

On Thursday 16 March 2006 14:36, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:42:43PM +0100, linuxdvds.de wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I think something must be wrong with the etch amd64 dvds under
> >http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-dvd/
> >Have not tried to install with these dvds, but
> >a) The dvds have a size of 8.3G whereas all other architectures have
> > 9G - 10.5G
> >b) Can't find e.g. "kdebase" or "kdebase-bin" in the jigdo-files
>
> Hmmm. Looking in the build logs for the amd64 DVDs, I see:
>
> + Trying to add kdebase-bin...
> libcupsys2 doesn't exist...
> Can't add kdebase-bin ... dependency problem.
>
> Which seems to be a generic problem in amd64 at the moment... :-(

Yes. It is probably a result from the accidental migration some time ago
that was reversed. That reversal resulted in the AMD64 archive being
partially broken.
As AMD64 is currently being integrated into the main archive, it is
probably not worth trying to fix this.

I'll add an erratum for this issue on [1]. Feel free to refer to that page
if the question is asked again.

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata