Re: ATI-driver will not start with 3D-acceleration

Hi Hans,

> I am looking for the reason, why my driver will not start when I activate
> libdri. Maybe there is a simple solution, but I cannot find it. I have the
> newest driver from ATI (now 8.23.7 , but I had the same with 8.22.5)
> I tried to install in both ways: The debian-packages and the run-installer.
>
> When I start, with activated entry   >   LOAD "dri" <   the screen becomes
> blank. When I comment it out, everything works fine, except acceleration.
>
> My graphics card is a X700, system is amd64.
> Please take a look at my config and the log below. I cannot find a mistake at
> all. Maybe some other eyes will.

[...]

> Section "Device"
> 	Identifier	"NVIDIA GeForce"
> 	Driver		"fglrx"

Never heard about a NVIDIA Card that works with ATI drivers...

> 	Option		"Stereo" "1"
> 	#VideroRam	65536
> EndSection

You can compate with my config. Your config is laking many things. (I
have a Radeon 9700 Mobility):
http://www.design-to-use.de/linux/amilo_a1630/radeon9700.php (config
link on the very buttom of the page).

Greetings, Tobias