From: lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Lennart Sorensen)
To: Arkadi Kagan <arkadi_kagan@hotmail.com>
CC: debian-amd64@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Failure within netinst: ide-disk and ide-generic are hanging each other
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:21:09 -0500

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 09:52:37PM +0200, Arkadi Kagan wrote:
> Thanks for your fast answer.
>
> The board is ASUS K8N4-E.
>
> Without ide-generic the installer is not able to use CD`s it was booted
> from.
> If I don`t load ide-disk, the continuation menu of installer appears, but
> disks can`t be accessed.
>
> There is amd74xx module and it is loaded.

Hmm.  Pretty sure I have seen people report that A8N* boards worked
fine, so I would have thought the K8N* boards should work the same.

does dmesg show anything detected when amd74xx is loaded?  make sure to
load that before ide-generic or ide-generic will take over (and it
doesn't do dma and would be very very slow).