Re: Mirroring the AMD pool

Steven Dobson wrote:

> Ozz
>
> On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 09:05 -0500, Austin Denyer wrote:
>>
>>There will be some big changes in the way the mirrors work soon (some
>>arch being split out, others moved in) to help control the size as a
>>full Debian mirror is HUGE.  The changes will make it a lot easier for
>>people to mirror specific arch without all the cruft of other arch that
>>they don't need.
>
> I know it's hugh - that's why I don't mirror it all just the i386 arch
> ATM.

I currently mirror three arch locally: i386, amd64 and SPARC.
Unfortunately my mirror is currently off-line due to a RAID failure.  (I
still believe it's the card, but MegaRAID insist that I really did have
THREE drives out of a 6-drive RAID5 fail simultaneously...)

>>You may want to hold off until the changes are completed (should be a
>>few weeks).
>
> Being lazy I will hold off so I don't have to do the work twice.  :-)

Sounds like the way to go.

> As I need to track what changes I need to make to the rsync script
> (anonftpsync) for my i386 mirror what is the best list to subscribe to
> to find out what is going on and what changes I need to make.

I'm not sure myself yet what the changes will be.

A good list to subscribe to would be the following:

debian-mirrors-announce@lists.debian.org
debian-mirrors@lists.debian.org

See http://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors-announce/
and
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors/

to subscribe.

I will forward a copy of the info I have concerning the changes to you
off-list.

Regards,
Ozz.