Re: SOLVED: nvidia-glx removes x-server???

Lucky boy!!!

It's not solved to me... :-(

my sources list are the normal sid setup plus:

#nvidia drivers
deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable/amd64/
deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable/all/

before the officials ftp sites.

When I do:

apt-get install kernel-source I always have the nvidia-kernel-source
[1.0.7174-3]

I can compile the kernel module and install but when I tried to load it:

indiana:/usr/src# modprobe nvidia
FATAL: Error inserting nvidia
(/lib/modules/2.6.15-1-amd64-k8/nvidia/nvidia.ko): Unknown symbol in module,
or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

where:

nvidia: Unknown symbol register_ioctl32_conversion
nvidia: Unknown symbol unregister_ioctl32_conversion

I'm sure that I'm doing something stupid wrong but I don't find it. Any idea?
My apt/preferences point to unstable.

Regards,

Leo

--