Re: apt get for AMD64

Austin Denyer wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:18:55 -0700
Sean Roe <sean@adoptionmedia.com> wrote:
OK, thanks for the input. I just got ssh working so I can connect to this box and copy and pate the output:

Get:1 http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages [164kB]
Get:2 http://mirror.espri.arizona.edu sarge/main Packages [3223kB]
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Release
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/contrib Packages
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/contrib Release
15% [1 Packages gzip 4096] [2 Packages 367415/3223kB 11%]
gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--length error

<snippage>

I agree with Len - do you connect via a proxy?  If so, does the proxy
do virus checking?  Sometimes the virus checking can get in the way.
I've seen similar things happen with Squid/DansGuardian before.

I don't use the Arizona mirror - I use debian.csail.mit.edu and a local
internal mirror - but security.debian.org is the same for all of us...

Regards,
Ozz.
Its not going through a proxy or anything else except a router and the firewall. Well here's a possible related issue: SSH disconnects after a various length of time with "Bad packet length" error messages. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sean