Re: lm_sensors package

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 02:29:51PM +0000, Angus Mackenzie wrote:
> Whilst I'm on the subject though;
>
> I found the correct modules to modprobe (i2c-isa, eeprom and w83697hf)
>
> I put a stanza in the /etc/modutils/i2c after the alias char-major line
>
> I ran update-modules as root
>
> I found the module names added to /etc/modules.conf

Since 2.5.something kernel we use module-init-tools instead of modutils.

With module-init-tools you put the aliases and options into a file in
the /etc/modprobe.d/ directory. You can create your own file in there
and it should be read in the boot. The format is almost the same as
with modutils, but have a look at man modprobe.conf to be sure.

> Angus

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature