Re: Debianized 2.6.15 + ndiswrapper = kernel panic

Koen Vermeer wrote:

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 14:53 +0100, thierry wrote:
i've upgraded my kernel to
It booted with no problems and then i compiled ndiswrapper with module-assistant. But when i modprobe'd it, kernel panic :)
Which ndiswrapper version did yopu use? It worked perfect on amd64-k8 sarge and etch on my systems. I used ndiswrapper from sources version 1.7.

I had this problem with 1.4rc4 on 2.6.15. Newer versions don't seem to
work with the inp2220 adapter. I found a short thread on lkml that is
probably about this (http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/12/9/209). I haven't done
any further investigations.

Oh, watch out too, starting with ndiswrapper-1.5 you have to desinstall, reinstall your drivers if you had any previously installed with a lower version. I suppose too that you know for sure your card is supported by ndiswrapper?