Re: Please don't laugh...

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 12:13, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (10/01/06 11:53), Graham Smith wrote:
>
> If you use the interactive capability of aptitude it now has a pretty
> nifty dependency resolution function.  I'm not sure why you're having a
> problem with KDE3.5 because I recently upgraded to it using pure sid
> sources and nothing seems unduly broken.  Having said that I don't use
> it much and there may be some packages missing (I use Xfce).

I normally use synaptic as I never got along with aptitude - perhaps it's time
to learn.

Anyway, the problem seems to be that there are some packages that are fairly
central to KDE (kcron for instance) that are still at 3.4 in unstable. I am
pretty much resigned to just sitting tight now. I tried to use packages from
experimental but they have version numbers slightly too low.

Graham