Re: How do I know if...

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 01:18:12 +0100
"Aritz Beraza Garayalde [Rei]" <aritz.beraza@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2006/1/7, Robert Cates <robert@kormar.de>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have not yet successfully installed an AMD64 port (tried several
> > times, but keep getting a kernel panic for some reason), but when I do,
>
> Maybe you have sata devices. You can have a punch of solutions to many
> problems that appear during debian amd64 installation in the list
> archive.

Yeah, I had that fun.  But I did not get kernel panics, instead the
installation could not find the drive at all.  Unless the installation used a
newer kernel than was installed, this shouldn't have been the problem.

> > I'd like to know and be sure that I'm using 64-bit mode, and not 32-bit
> > mode.  How can I check this to make sure I'm running the AMD64 port
> > installation in 64-bit mode?

uname -a

--

David L. Johnson

   __o   | "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored
 _`\(,_  | by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." --Ralph Waldo
(_)/ (_) | Emerson