Xorg 6.9.0.dfsg.1-2 20060107025648

It's good to see this appear in the unstable repository.

Unfortunately I get a blank screen with it.

The video card is an ATI Radeon 9600 (RV350 AP) on an ASUS K8V-X main board

Kernel 2.6.15-1-amd64-k8. Processor AMD 64 3400+

SSH from another machine shows that the Xorg process is running at 99% or
thereabouts. Console switching doesn't work and although kdm is called from
the boot screen it doesn't get as far as appearing in the process table

In the process of trying to get to a usable screen I appear to have lost any
helpful Xorg.0.log messages in favour of No screens found when trying fbdev
before settling for vesa. But having just swapped xorg.conf files again I
can't see many warnings other than dri being experimental and missing font
directories; in particular it finishes with some routine looking warnings
about already registered font renderers rather than any error messages or
warnings.

I was looking forward to having my card supported by Xorg; no doubt in a few
days it will be.

Did I post to the right place, and would you like me to post an affected log?

Angus Mackenzie