Re: System Monitor shows only 1 CPU (2 present)

use top

the cli is best anyway ;)

Dean

Andrew Sharp wrote:
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 03:04:01PM -0600, Russ Cook wrote:

Hi all,
I'm running an AMD64 dual core processor, debian64 stable. Sources.list is attached. My problem is that System Monitor 2.8.1 lists
only 1 CPU.  I have a dual core processor, and kernel 2.6.14.4 is
compiled with smp enabled.  The system logs show that both processors
are detected and enabled.  I briefly was running etch, and System
Monitor did show both CPUs.  I don't remember what version System
Monitor was at the time under Etch.  I have since done a clean reinstall
of stable.
 Might this be a problem from running stable?  If not, can anyone offer
a suggestion?

If I had to guess, which I do, then I'd guess the version of "System
Monitor" [whatever that is] is stable is not capable of dealing with
SMP under 2.6, but the newer version in etch (2.10.1-3) is.  Possible?