Re: kernel 2.6.14-7 instability?

Am Mittwoch, 4. Januar 2006 19:29 schrieb Gudjon I. Gudjonsson:
> Hi
>    I changed some time ago to kernel version 2.6.14 but then I found it not
> stable enough so I switched back to 2.6.12. A few days ago I did another
> attempt and installed linux-image-2.6-amd64-k8-smp version 2.6.14-7. Today
> the top command behaved quite strangely, it seemed like top was using 100%
> of CPU and the other simulation program 99%. Then I rebooted to kernel
> version 2.6.12 again some inodes where deleted but everything seems to be
> working perfectly now.
>    Has anyone else had problems with this kernel?
Yes, I did. But I thought, it might be my hard drive, and changed it. Since I
changed, no errors were found.

Before I had some weird things, just like you: Changed to 2.6.14, then lost
inodes. Booted with Kanotix and did an e2fsck -y /dev/hdax. Everything seemed
to be fine.

Then started again, no errors. But, when I shut down as usula, and started
again, therer were lost inodes again.

This is gone, since I changed my harddrive. The old harddrive is now in use
for backups, but now it has no errors any more. Really weird.....

I do not think , the old harddrive is defect.

Best regards

Hans

--
Firma