kernel 2.6.14-7 instability?

Hi
   I changed some time ago to kernel version 2.6.14 but then I found it not
stable enough so I switched back to 2.6.12. A few days ago I did another
attempt and installed linux-image-2.6-amd64-k8-smp version 2.6.14-7. Today
the top command behaved quite strangely, it seemed like top was using 100% of
CPU and the other simulation program 99%. Then I rebooted to kernel version
2.6.12 again some inodes where deleted but everything seems to be working
perfectly now.
   Has anyone else had problems with this kernel?

Sincerely
Gudjon