Re: [2.6.15-rc7@amd64] gfp.h & BUG_ON

Hi all,

I've got a Dell PowerEdge SC430 server with Celeron D CPU(EMT64) and Intel ICH7 SATA interface. I have installed sarge on this machine using a customed install CD, which has kernel 2.6.12-1-amd64-generic. It works fine. For some reasons, I need to use 2.4 kernel. So I download official 2.4.32 kernel and patch it by http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/2.4.32-libata1.patch.bz2 in order to get ICH7 support. I didn't find any problem on compiling. But the machine stop booting on the startup message, "Booting the kernel.". Does anyone successfully run 2.4 kernel with ICH7 support on EMT64 machine?

Thanks,
Terry