Re: USB devices work with uhci, not with ehci

On Monday 02 January 2006 16:39, Joel Johnson wrote:
> I have seen this as well (on an x86-32 desktop machine), and it turned
> out that my USB wireless adapter didn't work fully with ehci. When I have
> ehci-hcd loaded and the wireless adapter (rt2570 chipset) plugged in, I
[ . . . ]
> This just happens to work for this machine, but isn't a real solution. Is
> there any way to force a USB device to run at lower speed with high speed
> module loaded and enabled for all other devices?

Hmmm... well, that's kind of similar, but not exactly what I'm seeing.

I kind of doubt in my case it is an issue of the USB device not fully
working with ehci, since I've tried it with two USB flash drives and an
external USB HD enclosure, all of which work fine in high speed on my other
computers, just not on my amd64. =(

I assume most others here have had high speed USB devices working (in high
speed mode) with ehci_hcd on amd64?

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl@icecavern.net>