Re: Problems installing on AMD Athlon 64 system

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 06:04:02PM -0500, Aaron Stromas wrote:
> My saga isn't finished. The installer fails to configure the network.
> On the plus side, after the reboot my USB edsktop is recognised. The
> problem is I can't finish configuration since apt can't talk to
> repositories. I could burn a bunch of CDs but it takes time to
> download the images. Incidentally, i can't get bittorrent images at
> all. last week i successfully got first image but since then nothing.
>
> Back to my lack of networking. The box has A8N-SLI nvidia nForce PCI
> Express motherboard with "nForce4 built-in Gbit MAC with external
> Marvell PHY - NV ActiveArmor, NV Firewall, AI NET2" which Ubuntu
> recognised w/o problems. Is there some parameter I can give to the
> insteller to help configuring the network? TIA,

I think that board is one of the ones that does much better with 2.6.12
than 2.6.8 kernel.  Unfortunately the official sarge installer uses
2.6.8.  The unofficial one uses 2.6.12 and can be found here:

http://www.tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/amd64/

Might even fix the USB keyboard problem too.