Re: [SPAM] use gmail?

I had noticed this as well, and I have to agree. I am a very satisfied gmail user, and most certainly wouldnt touch hotmail again with a 20 meter pole. Not only that, but (touch proverbial wood) I have yet to recieve a single item of -actual- [SPAM] in my inbox -or- spam folder. Very, very impressed.

On 12/18/05, Hank Barta < hbarta@gmail.com> wrote:
On 12/16/05, Fielder George Dowding < fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net> wrote:
> Boy, I hate to make things worse by replying to this. On the other hand,
> I would hope there would be some way of blocking this stuff at the
> server. fgd.

Hi,
I cannot help WRT the list serve config but I will mention that I was
very surprised one day when I checked my gmail spam bin and saw the
number of messages like this that had been discarded. The gmail spam
trap works really well, perhaps because it is a server based system.
If X people mark a particular message as spam, then they can take the
appropriate action for the rest of us.

It is also well suited to mailing lists since it threads messages. If
you would like to try gmail, I'd more than happy to send you an
invite.

I have no connection to google other than as a satisfied user.

HTH,
hank

--
Beautiful Sunny Winfield, Illinois