Re: Sarge NR_CPUS limit of 1 reached. Processor ignored.

On 12/14/05, Jo Shields <jo.shields@comlab.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Siju George wrote:
> >

> Are you using Sarge for i386, or Sarge for AMD64? You can't interchange
> packages - whilst i386 Sarge includes AMD64 kernels and a few 64-bit
> compatability libraries, you can't install _amd64.deb files on it, and
> apt/aptitude/synaptic will not allow you to use amd64 stuff.
>
> If you want to use 64-bit packages, use 64-bit Debian.
>
> --Jo Shields

Thankyou so much Helge and Jo.

They are 64 bit :-)

but I faced a problem removing mysql-server. Details below.
How can you remove all installed packages with their configs ( Purge)
and get back the original base system???

I cannot do a re-install cause the server is not near by :-(

Thankyou so much :-)

kind regards

Siju