Re: dvd film and K3b

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 06:37:32PM +0100, martellif@supereva.it wrote:
> Thank you very much Len, I believe K3b makes an iso9660 dvd fs now
> unreadeble by libdvdread, instead of UDF.
> I verify that with mount command, using
>
> mount -t udf /dev/dvd /mnt/cdrom
>
> works with master dvd but not with the backup K3b made.
>
> Strange things is that dvd plays under windows app and standalone dvd
> player?!? Sure now I should merge iso9660 contents to UDF in order to
> get working xine. Does anybody know how?

Well many players do support reading iso9660 and playing files on them,
but then again some don't.  Depends how pure they treat the DVD.  If
they just go by DVD standard locations and ignore the filesystem, then
it will perhaps be more linient or less linient.  Not sure.  Better to
do everything by the standards though.

I have used dvdbackup to copy the contents of a DVD and then growisofs
to burn it, and it worked just fine on all the players I tried it on.
And it did mount as UDF as well.