Re: apt-get error

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Dr Gavin Seddon wrote:

The problem is, I cannot use apt since I get the errors mentioned.  It
is a vicious circle.

Ok, I did not realize this was your problem previously. Use the command
dpkg -l libc6
to get the version of libc6 you have, then look in for it in your favourite debian mirror (e.g. http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/glibc/), download the locales package with the same version number as your libc6, install
it with dpkg -i locales_whatever_version_it_is.deb

Bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)

Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'
risultato non infetto.