Re: apt-get error

First, set your local, see amd64 howto. I think it's something like dpkg-reconfigure local Second, From what you emailed I'd make sure you have the latest ('u'), and if that still doesn't work deselect sitebar. Though I don't see sidebars errors here, just that the install failed.

As a side note, don't forget to include the list in your replies. There are people more qualified to help you than I!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dr Gavin Seddon" <gavin.m.seddon@man.ac.uk>
To: "Mike" <spam@mdobbs.com>
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: apt-get error

Hi,
It does this with anything I try to install.  The rest of the relevant
output is
'Setting up perl-modules (5.8.7-6) ...
Setting up perl (5.8.7-6) ...
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
       LANGUAGE = "en_US:en_GB:en",
       LC_ALL = (unset),
       LANG = "en_US"
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").'

This packagr was
dpkg
Thanks.

Setting up perl-suid (5.8.7-6) ...
Setting up debhelper (4.9.13) ...
Setting up libnews-nntpclient-perl (0.37-6) ...
Setting up rpm (4.4.1-2) ...

sitebar