Re: searching program on amd64 for...

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 06:57:45AM -0700, Ric Otte wrote:
> So now it looks like I need libpng12.so.0, libXcursor.so.1, and libXft.so.2.  Before
> I go further, I thought I'd ask if simply copying from the chroot will work, or
> if there is some reason I shouldn't do that.

It is simpler and cleaner to just add your chroot lib dirs to
/etc/ld.so.conf

Only disadvantage is that you must comment them out before doing a libc6
package upgrade.  Other than that, it is nice and clean.

That way any lib installed in the chroot is accessable to 32bit programs
outside the chroot.