Troubles installing Debian on an ASUS notebook

Hi!

For 2 days, I've been trying to install in vain Debian on my ASUS A6QK30 (AMD Turion 64 processor). Is there anyone who has successfully done a 64 bit installation on that kind of notebooks?

I tried these methods:
- installing from the sarge netinst CD: it kind of freezes right after the country selection
- installing from the sarge CDs: same problem
- installing from the etch netinst CD: I got the following error:
ISOLINUX 2.04 2003-04-16  Copyright (C) 1994-2003 H. Peter Anvin
Could not find kernel image: linux
boot: _

md5 checksums of the downloads were alright.

Does anyone have a clue on how should I proceed?

Bye,
- Emmanuel