Laptop temperature

Hi,
I've noticed the occasional mention of temperatures (usually checking to see if this is causing crashes) including the "Asus K8N, Cool'n'Quiet, and sensors.conf" thread. I have a Compaq Presario R3000 with an Athlon 3400+ which has power states 800Mhz, 1.8GHz & 2.2GHz. I've had it doing hard work all evening and the temperature (/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature) is 51*C.
Is this dangerously high?
I set the power level at 1.8GHz because full load at 2.2GHz can put the temperature near 70*C. The fans are not currently at full speed but they do speed up if I set power to 2.2GHz (and the temperature climbs).

I have yet to have any problems (that weren't software) and my PC (Athlon 3400+) also runs around this temp (at full load 2.2GHz)

Should I be worried?

Hugh