Re: state of Java on amd64

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 10:52:48PM +0900, Craig Hagerman wrote:
> On 10/11/05, Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:
> > And azureus? :)
>
> I had tons of problems with Azureus. I tried installing an older
> version, upgrading to the newest and everything in-between. I found it
> would crash if I was downloading a number of LARGE files at once. A
> number of small files was OK. I finally got tired of waiting for a 1.5
> from blackdown and installed the sun jre. I have still had a couple of
> crashes, but it has been far better overall. My impression is that
> there was a memory leak somewhere since the RAM used would slowly
> creep up while running Azureus. Maybe that was just me.

Thanks for the input.

Two questions then:
1. Can java-package install the Sun self-install package?
2. Where at sun.com do I actually download the files?! I browsed there
earlier and could only find instructions about which file to download,
but not actually how. Do I need to create an account?

Hamish