Re: state of Java on amd64

Sorry,

I'm running from pure amd64 sid (No chroot) . I have not tried azures. I got the blackdown .deb package and installed it. It automagically setup my browsers to run applets. I've have only run a few simple applets, and moneydance with it. I'd would fret trying it, since it can easily be removed.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paulo Marcondes" <paulomarcondes@gmail.com>
To: <debian-amd64@lists.debian.org>
Cc: <debian-amd64@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: state of Java on amd64

2005/10/11, Mike <spam@mdobbs.com>:
blackdown works great for me.  Installed deb package.  Web applets, jar
files everything works as far as I can see.

Are you running them from the chroot or are you using amd64-archive?

I am trying to set up a debian workstation/desktop on a sun w2100z
machine (dual opteron250, 8 gigs ram), and I am not sure as to which
course of action I should take.

Now the machine is  running CentOS (which is RH based, or even the
same as RH, but without the RH trademarks)

Thanks,
Paulo Marcondes,
petroleum geophysicist
Rio de Janeiro