cdparanoia

Hello,

I'm having trouble using cdparanoia  on debian-amd64. I am using sarge
with security  updates (I  updated the system  yesterday so  I presume
it's fairly up-to-date, as far as sarge is concerned). It doesn't hang
the computer immediately but it takes incredibly long to rip a cd, and
I  never had  patience to  wait until  it finishes.  The  same problem
appears when I run 32-bit cdparanoia in chroot. It does not seem to be
hardware related as  I can run it on 32-bit Mandrake  10.1 on the same
system. Is the etch version usable?

Piotr

--
   Piotr Kopszak, Ph.D.
   Polish Art Gallery, National Museum in Warsaw