Debian based distros was Re: perspectives on 32 bit vs 64 bit

Helge Hafting wrote:
> Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 03:26:12PM +0200, Thomas Steffen wrote:
>>

>>> And you might want to give Ubuntu a try. The amd64 version is quite
>>>

>> How nice of you to say so on the debian-amd64 list! More like how
>> insulting...
>>

> There is no need to take offense. We all know what distro ubuntu is
> based on,
> where would they be without debian?  Now, ubuntu may have a few nice
> addons not in debian - if that is a problem, just grab & include them.
> Ubuntu has benefitted from debian, nothing stops us from going the other
> way.
> I believe hw detection stuff in ubuntu is free stuff. . .
>
> Helge Hafting

Surely folks that use Ubuntu, Kubuntu or Kanotix (64 bit systems) etc.
can still benefit from the superior knowledge of this list (where it
applies to things Debian rather than other distro specifics).

I actually run Kanotix purely because it had all the stuff
out_of_the_box to run my newish hardware. I won't be singing the praises
of other distros but will from time_to_time ask or answer some questions
(if I can) which will benefit the other users of this list.

We are actually all Debian users at heart so, so long as we *speak*
Debian then we should be able to help each other.
Please let's not be too quick to judge someone else's use of a Debian
derivative that was easier to install than *pure* Debian; it is Debian
really - just has a different wrapper.

Let's help as many folks as we can........

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com