Re: Re: perspectives on 32 bit vs 64 bit

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 03:21:25PM +0200, Thomas Steffen wrote:
> On 10/6/05, Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:
> I have an nForce3-based Athlon64 desktop system and the installation was
> > perfect. I suspect my scenario is far more common than yours.
>
> I do not thing that blaming the user is a helpful approach. Anyway, this

That wasn't my intention. Only to point out that his system is not
typical and to conclude that Debian-amd64 is not suitable for any newbie
based on that experience is wrong.

> My real point was though that your Ubuntu advocacy is misplaced.
> > I don't care if you use Ubuntu, but this is a Debian list.
>
> This thead is not about Ubuntu advocacy, it is about problems users have
> with Debian amd64. If Ubuntu works better, than maybe it points toward the
> solution?

The solution is to improve Debian, not to switch to Ubuntu.
Perhaps that's what you meant.

Hamish