Re: i don't think its the RAM

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 02:55:50PM +0200, Peter Sheldrick wrote:
> i just ran Memtest86+ v1.51 over the RAM and after two
> passes there where no Errors - so its unlikley that
> there is anything wrong with it.
>
> so:
> (1) the RAM is ok
> (2) its compatible with my mobo
>
> its not the RAM either!

My experience is that 2 passes is nowhere near enough.

I've been using memtest from the sysutils package recently (which runs
within linux rather than as a seperate boot, and therefore can't test
all your RAM at once), and I've seen errors occur on the 10th pass or
later. If it passes 20, or 24 hours, I'd be more confident.

Hamish