Re: anybody got the working?

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Thomas Halva Labella wrote:

I could have it work in a 32bit chroot. Or at least, when I start
sl-modem in the chroot, I can access my modem and send AT commands, but
I haven't tried to dial.

Apparently it works. It is not nearly what I wanted, i.e. support all the peripherals in 64 bit mode, but i have a full 32 bit chrooted cage setup
anyway for other stuff, and it works. I only needed to create a tiny script
doing "chroot /ia32 /etc/init.d/sl-modem-daemon $@" and the appropriate links to rc*.d dirs in the 64 bit environment.

Bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)