Re: network installation hangs

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 11:06:32PM +0200, zkis@physik.uni-kl.de wrote:
> It seems that I use the 'etch' distro, because from the syslog file i
> retrieved, that the install program reads first the Release notes in the
> http://www.de.debian.org/.../debian/.../etch/ directory. How can I choose
> and other distibution, e.g. sarge ?

There are frequently bugs in the installer that is under development.
The last day or two seems to have been a lot to do with the network
transfer hanging.  Supposedly fixed in the latest build.

Could always use the sarge installer image and then upgrade to etch
after installing if you are only interested in having an install and not
testing the new installer.