Re: network installation hangs

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 01:01:34PM +0200, zkis@physik.uni-kl.de wrote:
> I want to install Debian Linux on an AMD64 machine using the network
> installation method. I can successfully install most of the base system
> until the installer prompts for the Kernel I want to have. I choose one of
> the offered Kernel (I have a single CPU machine, Asus A8V Deluxe, mobo and
> AMD ATHLON 64 3000+ CPU, 2GB RAM). Then it starts to retrieve initrd, and
> it seems that the installation hangs. I can still use the console in an
> other window, but nothing happens if I switch back to the installation
> window? Did anybody experienced this, any idea ?

I have installed with the sarge netinst on my A8V Deluxe with a 3500 cpu
here and had no problems so far.

Any chance you have a bad network link or internet connection that is
dropping packets or someting?

Which netinst version did you try?

Are you using ide or sata disks?

Which controller are they connected to?