Re: Re: AMD 64 Stability on Asus A8v Deluxe

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 01:18:34AM -0400, Alan Manning wrote:
> Hi. I am having stability issues with the A8V as well. Most especially I
> can't manually set my ram to 400 instead of 333 even though I am running
> corsair twinx perf ram. Did you even find any sort of resolution for this?
> I'm running a gf6800gt and Athlon 3800 as well. I was thinking maybe my
> power supply wasn't stable or something.I always hate to just blame the
> board.
>

> Thanks for any info,
>

> Alan

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is related in anyway to your problem. I use MSI K8T
(with VIA K8T800Pro chipset) and there seems to be very strict rules on
how to arrange the memory modules in order to get 400MHz. There are four
slots on board and they are referred as channel A (slots 1&2) and
channel B (slots 3&4).

If I use double side memory modules, they have to be inserted in slots 1
and 3 to get DDR400. If I install them into slots 1 and 2, I only get
DDR333.

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature