Re: Realplayer ?

On 9/17/05, Tim T. <tim.timmerman@gmail.com> wrote:

On 9/17/05, Tim Matthews < tmatthews@turtle.net> wrote:

maybe try mplayer with the realplay codecs?

tim

that's one option, that I'll need to investigate anyway..
Anyway; I managed to get decent sound quality: I installed realplayer 8 wich I found in a legacy
directory somewhere.

 Anybody understand why realplayer 10 would have problems, where realplayer 8 doesn't?

Ok.. follow up question:
I'm trying to record programs using vsound ,  without much success
-  the 32 bit version of vsound exits as soon as realplayer  starts playing
    (running both in a chroot doesn't seem to make a difference)
- the 64 bit version  doesn't  seem to intercept..(I hear the program, but nothing gets recorded.

  Has anybody managed to get this working ?

  TimT.