Re: soundcard not detected by alsaconf

i dont know if the drivers not supporting the hardware counts as a bug

i think its just new vendor id's and small changes to alsa, fairly normal stuff as new manufacturers ship the same basic chips.

Dean

you are the 4th person in this list (including me and in my knowledge) who can't get sound with the driver snd-intel8x0 and the kernel 2.6.8-11-amd64-k8 provided by debian. We definitly should send a bug report...

Fellow the advice : change your kernel : others work *out of the box*. (i'm using 2.6.13 from kernel.org)

Regards,
Yannick

--
WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au