Re: Upgrading kernel

Hello,

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 07:57:30PM +0200, antongiulio05 wrote:
> However installation exits with error (and I don't know why cos
> error is not returned). I have noticed that kernel 2.6.13pr3
> headers is installed, and this has many dependencies...

linux-kernel-headers has nothing to do with the kernel images in the
first place. which kernel package did you try to install and whyt error
did you get? do you have a pristine sarge or sid installation, or did
you mix up distributions?

on a plain simple sid system,

apt-get install linux-image-2.6.12-1-amd64-k8

should install you everything you need.

Best regards
Frederik Schueler

--