Re: dependecy problems with evince

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 10:25:31AM +0200, Alexander Jede wrote:
> I use Debian/testing and tried to install "evince".
> But I get some dependency problems:
>
> > apt-get install evince

>   evince: Depends: libcairo1 (>= 0.4.0) but it is not installable
>           Depends: libpoppler0 (>= 0.3.0) but it is not installable
>           Depends: libpoppler0-glib (>= 0.3.0) but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
>
> I also get the same problem if I try to install evince from the unstable
> tree with apt-get -t unstable install evince.

You might need to try to 'apt-get install libcairo1' etc to see why they
are uninstallable. Or use a front-end like aptitude or dselect; those
are better in these scenarios.

> Can anyone help me?

You could always use Xpdf. It's the original source of the code used in
libpoppler0, and the rendering will be more accurate as a result.

Hamish