AMD64 and IPW2100 (in Notebook ACER ASPIRE 1520WLMI)

Hello all,

I got a new wlan-card, and exchanged it in my notebook as ipn2200 is not
supported by linux.

Now I have an Intel ipw2100 built in.

Did someone get the wlan card "ipw2100 B3" running under debian-amd64 ?

Installation withe the original debian sources worked fine, card is beeing
recognized and the driver is loaded well by the kernel. But, the firmware
will not load properly. I tried all versions of the firmware with no success.
The required one is version 1.3.

Thus, the card does not work, and I suppose, it is because the firmware will
not run on 64bit systems.

When I try to unload the module , and reload agein (by using modconf or
modprobe), the loader hangs and I have to reboot. No chance, to kill the
loader-process.

Did somebody get it to run ? This card is built in in many other notebooks.

Best regards

Hans